dinsdag 28 februari 2012

Plain Jane

At school, you always have specific types of people. From girls, you have those typical blond girls who love to show their perfect body and always hanging around guys, always playing with their hair, with their special group of best friends forever. Also other girls who love attention. I know a girl like that. She had eyeliner from Lacoste or something like that. She was like, "Oh my good I should be careful with that, it was a very expensive eyeliner!'' And I thought, oh yes, very expensive, if you buy something at a specific parfumeshop you get that eyeliner free... Because I have the same... And I got it free... And the little voice in my head says "Attention whore!'' But anyway, there are the geeks, girls and guys, love playing computergames so much that they even won't get good marks at school, although they are very smart. You have the cool guys, having their jeans low, always bright sneakers, walking like they are the best thing you could have. You have those people, who are not really special, not amazing hot but also not very ugly. You can call them a Plain Jane, just like the programme from MTV. Especially the girls, they are attractive, but they don't know. Some guys go like, hey, she got glasses, she's so stupid she has glasses! While they don't even know her. I like to hang around with those kind of girls, because they are funny and nice but not aware of their looks. They are just themselves, and that is enough.

It is always important to be youself, no matter what people say about you.

Probably you have a kid like this at your school: a girl or a guy. Big bag, with lots of stuff you don't need. Not wearing the good clothes. When they say something, it is so not funny. When the popular guy says it, everyone's laughing. Most of the time those kids are not really pretty or something like that. There is a girl like that at my school. She is small, has short curls, has a bag that is HUGE, wearing clothes that I think, hmm.. You should have leave them in your little sisters closet. But, I don't say anything to her. I am not a person that is going to bully someone. Anyway, there is a story coming. One day, I had to go to the toilet. When I got there, she was there too. She had some toiletpaper in front of her face, she tried to hide her face when I walked into the room. I was curious, but didn't say anything and went to the toilet. When I was finished, I washed my hands and looked again at her. This time I saw her face: her nose was bleeding. I was shocked, so I asked her what happened. She said, "Nothing really special.. I was walking close to the door, and someone pushed someone else and he hit me and I hit the door..." I asked, "Was that on purpose?" When she answered, she didn't look at me. "No, it was an accident..." My thoughts: Yeah right. I felt so bad for her, so I told her this: "Are you sure? You know what.. If anything happens, you can come to me if you want.." I really wanted to help her, I have seen her many times and always are there stupid people who are bullying her. Everytime when she sees me now, she avoids me. I feel bad for her, and I hope that I can help her once.

The moral of this story?
Please don't judge people on their appearance. Those popular guys and girls, they may look nice, but they are only nice when they need you. Ofcourse there will be exceptions, but sometimes you have to have a prejudice I think (:

Again, if you want, you can give a reaction, it's always welcome!
And sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language (:

With love! <3

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten